Juicing has become a new addition to healthy diets. What were once Mega juicers you could only find in a juice bar or a restaurant, can now fit on your counter tops. People are juicing fruit and veggies and finding unique ways to incorporate more fruit and veggies into their diets. Green juices are the healthiest as they usually have less sugar and more veggies. This is a simple green juice recipe that I made with my juicer . I used green apples, Kale, lemon, cucumbers and ginger in this juice.
Many people are scared of trying green juices because oddly enough, they think it may taste like algae or grass. A green juice with Kale tastes like whatever fruit you include in it. The taste of raw Kale is really mild and you won’t actually taste it. In this juice you taste apples and cucumber but get all the iron and nutrients from kale. It is delicious and refreshing. To kick it up a notch, you can add turmeric and a bit of black pepper to activate the turmeric. You can also add in Spirulina powder, coconut water or sea moss gel to give this drink an added boost.
For this recipe you will need:
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large spoon
- 1 bunch of curly Kale (washed)
- 4 apples (washed and chopped)
- 1 oz of ginger
- 1 English cucumber (chopped)
- 1 lemon (peeled)
- Wash fruit and vegetables. To remove wax from the skin of the apples and cucumbers you can use a small amount of baking soda and warm water to soak them first.
- Cut fruit into 1-inch pieces.
- Run each piece through the juicer.
- Mix juice well in a pitcher with a large spoon.
- Serve juice on ice.