Rum punch is a classic Jamaican drink that is usually made around the holidays or during big family gatherings and parties. It is also a popular drink in tourist towns or at resorts as it is easy to make and can be made and chilled in large amounts. Rum punch is simple to make and is pretty much made by taking all the ingredients and mixing them, tasting, adjusting the acidity, the sweetness and serving over ice. It is a super strong drink so be careful to pace yourself as you drink it.
My simple recipe is below!
- 1 tsp Ginger (grated)
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Sweetened lime juice
- 1 tbsp Grenadine
- 2 shots Dark Jamaican Rum/Red Rum
- Star fruit (garnish)
- Grate ginger and add ¼ cup of water. Strainer ginger bits from water and add it to a glass
- To the glass add pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, grenadine and dark rum. Give the ingredients a good stir. You can also use a shaker to combine all the ingredients.
- Add ice to the glass and garnish with one slice of star fruit.
- Serve and enjoy.