Passion fruit is a tart and seedy fruit with an intense and distinct flavor. There is nothing in the world that tastes like passion fruit and it is so delicious. Because it is so tart, it is necessary to sweeten the fruit with cane sugar or simple syrup. Sweetening will not affect the taste of the fruit but simply makes it more palatable. My grandma would use passion fruit when she could find it, in our drinks on Sundays. She would mix passion fruit with cherries, june plums or even pineapples to make fruity drinks that accompanied our Sunday dinners. So, you must try my new and very delicious Passion fruit margaritas recipe.
In this recipe passion fruit is used to make delicious margaritas. Margaritas are a traditional Mexican alcoholic drink with a lime base. The limes are not completely replaced here but are enhanced by the tarty and delicious passion fruit. Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
For this recipe you will need:
- 16 oz pouch of passion fruit pulp (If you have the fresh fruit, please use it)
- 1 can Canada Dry mandarin orange seltzer water (instead of triple sec)
- Juice from 3 limes
- 1/2 cup Agave (to sweeten)
- I cup @casamigos Tequila
- 2 tbsp Tajin Clasico Seasoning (instead of just salt) for glass rims.
- 2 cups Ice
- Scoop Tajin seasoning on a small flat plate. Use a wedge of lime to wet the rims of 2 margarita glasses. Dip the rims of the glasses into the seasoning. Carefully fill the glasses with ice and set aside.
- Combine passion fruit pulp, seltzer water, lime juice, agave and tequila in a large pitcher. Use a large spoon to mix well. Pour the drink into glasses and enjoy!