Give this great roasted vegetable dish a try this Thanksgiving!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 of a large Butternut Squash (or 1 small squash)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 oz Pancetta (optional)
- Remove the outer leaves that may have wilted or browned from the Brussels. Remove the skin of the squash with a vegetable peeler. Rinse Brussels sprouts in a colander. Halve all the Brussels and dice the squash. Try to keep the pieces as even as possible for even cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place veggies on a baking tray. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with hands to coat evenly. Arrange all of the brussels sprouts with the cut sides facing down. Ensure each piece of veggie is touching the bottom of the pan.
- Roast veggies for 20-25 mins, tossing them gently a few times during roasting.
- While the veggies roast, fry pancetta (if using) in a tiny amount of olive oil until crispy.
- Add dried cranberries and pancetta to the roasted vegetables and plate. Serve warm.
You may also roast the cranberries during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.