If you don’t own a juicer, you should definitely purchase one. My juicer is an inexpensive and easy to use juicer I bought on Amazon at the start of the new year. I got this juicer vowing to make more wholesome juices for me and my family without the added sugar and preservatives. So far, it has done wonders in my kitchen and I used it to help me make the base of these delicious popsicles. My popsicle molds can also be purchased here from Amazon. The best part about these popsicles is that they only had 4 ingredients! That’s right, no sugars, no preservatives, no additives so, Pineapple Rumsicles is a very delicious and healthy juice . Check out the recipe of Pineapple Rumsicles below!
- 1 very ripe whole pineapple
- 1 shot of Wrayandnephewus Jamaican rum per glass.
- 1 lime
- 2 inch piece of ginger root
- Peel pineapple and remove the crown. (see video)
- Cut two slices from the pineapple and set aside.
- Split the pineapple in half making one cut from the top through to the bottom.
- Cut each half into 4 wedges and set aside.
- Dice the 2 reserved slices of pineapples into tiny pieces. Set the diced pieces aside in a small bowl. These will later fill the popsicle molds prior to filling them with the juice.
- Pass each of the pineapple wedges through the juicer and set the juice aside. Also pass the lime and ginger root though the juicer. Give the juice a good stir to combine all of the ingredients. If the juice is not sweet enough for you, you can add in ¼ cup of granulated sugar. I did not need to add sugar to mine as the pineapple was sweet enough.
- Fill each of the popsicle molds with about 1 tsp of diced pineapple.
- Fill each mold up to the top with pineapple juice. Cover the mold and place a popsicle stick into each mold. Ensure that each popsicle stick is standing straight in the mold.
- Place the molds in the freezer and leave them for at least 4 hours until they are frozen solid.
- To remove popsicles from the mold, run each one under cold running water for a few minutes until the sides of the popsicle start to release from the mold.
- Place popsicles into a pretty glass with about 1 shot of rum and allow the popsicle to get melty and absorb the rum. You can add rum to the juice before freezing the popsicles. I kept my popsicles rum free and kid friendly.
[…] a high powered blender to crush the ice well. My recipe includes frozen pineapple chunks as well as pineapple juice, coconut milk and coconut cream. I also use white and dark rum to finish this drink. I was unable […]